Bourbon Pear Pie
1 Prepped Pie Crust
6 ripe Bosc pears
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup bourbon, plus 2 TBSP
1.Peel, half, and core the pears. Cut each half into 4 wedges, then cut the wedges in half.
Toss the pears with sugar, cinnamon, salt, and 1/4 cup of bourbon.
2.Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large pan. Add the pears and cook until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to simmer. Cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until the pears are tender, about 6 minutes.
3. Remove pears from mixture with a slotted spoon and place them in a bowl. Set aside.
4.Cook the juices in the pan until caramelized and syrupy, about 2 minutes. Then pour the syrup over the pears and chill until cooled.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, prepare the pie crust.
6. For the top crust you may do cut outs of any kind(leaves, plaid, etc.) or do no cut outs.
7. Mix the cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons of bourbon together in a small bowl. Stir into the cooled pears and pour pear mixture into the chilled pie crust.
8. Lay the cutouts over the top of the filling until almost all of the pie is covered but some of the filling is still showing through
9. Place the pie on a baking sheet and put into oven. Bake for 1 hour or until the crust is light golden brown, the pears are tender, and the filling is bubbly.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 1 hour before serving.