Salted Whiskey Caramels
5 TBSP butter
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 TBSP sea salt
1/4 cup Minnesota 14 Whiskey
1. Line 9-inch square pan with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
2. In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, whipping cream, whiskey, vanilla and salt to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. In 3-quart saucepan, mix sugar, corn syrup and water. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. DO NOT STIR. Boil until sugar turns a light golden amber color and candy thermometer reads 310°F.
4. When sugar mixture reaches 310°F, add cream mixture. Beating with whisk, cook until thermometer reads 240°F. Pour caramel into pan; cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt; cool completely.
5. Cut into squares after cooled; wrap individually in parchment paper.